Friday, October 8, 2010

Gidles Push Up For Men

The current word from Dr. William Osler

few days ago I rediscovered a book that took more than a year on my shelf waiting to be opened. Perhaps many of you regard him home and me, you have not paid attention. This is a compilation of speeches of Dr. William Osler who until now for me it was only eponym for various diseases, too, I thought some of those moments of greedy and shallow study to overcome the MIR; but nothing more. Today however I deny the wrong attitude and I wonder why not me more interested in the adventures of a person as appellant in the medical books.

And beginning to read his writings and speeches, I found the answer could not be more convincing: good books, as lessons are wise only if we are willing to look. So, I have gradually been introduced into a landscape of lessons, feelings and emotions that one hundred years after being described are still valid, as the way to learn medicine and their teaching to practice, more modern times, that we want today. Keep reading, I'll keep learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment